NYFF Programming Fellowship
In an effort to expand training for emerging professionals intending to pursue a career in film festival programming, Film at Lincoln Center has created an NYFF Programming Fellowship. This Fellowship will be overseen by the Artistic Director of the New York Film Festival.
This program will focus on developing skills in festival programming and programming operations, giving the successful candidate hands-on experience and exposure to the process of curating one of the most prestigious film festivals in North America. The fellow will support a number of functions including film submissions, database management, programming operations, scheduling, print traffic, and other administrative duties.
Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in film programming and programming operations. The successful candidate will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Interest in and knowledge of contemporary and classic cinema
- Ability to execute in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Effective time management skills and attention to detail
The fellow must be located in or close to New York City during the term of the fellowship, and be available to work from April 15 through October 15, 2023. Prior to the actual festival, the Fellow should expect to work remotely and on site in the Film at Lincoln Center offices at least three days a week and daily from August 15 through October 15, 2023.
The successful applicant will start on April 15, and will be paid a stipend of $25,000. The application process is open until February 15, and all interested applicants can apply here with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement that is no longer than 500 words, which outlines the applicant’s background and interest in cinema, any relevant qualifications, and what they expect to achieve in the Fellowship program.
- 3 personal references from either an educational, work or community setting. The references should not be from friends and family, or current employees of FLC.
At FLC we are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. This spirit of inclusivity extends from our staffing choices, to our programming and to our vendors. We are committed to equal opportunities for all regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation/identity, age, national origin, marital status disability and Veteran status. If you believe you can excel in this role, and have a demonstrated interest in cinema, we encourage you to apply. Whether you are currently in the midst of completing your education, returning to the workforce or just trying to make a transition in your career, we will explore your application.