FLC Code of Conduct
Film at Lincoln Center (FLC) is dedicated to supporting the art and elevating the craft of cinema. We’re also committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment—free of harassment, discrimination, sexism, and threatening or disrespectful behavior. This code of conduct applies to all invited press and industry attending press screenings at FLC theaters. By visiting our theaters or engaging with the FLC community through phone/email communication or social media channels, you are acknowledging that you are aware of, and will adhere to, our code of conduct.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- Intimidation or threats
- Inappropriate disruption of events
- Hurtful language
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwanted sexual attention
- Unwanted photography or video recording
- Bullying or stalking
Especially in connection to:
- Race or ethnicity
- National origin
- Gender identity or presentation
- Sex or sexual orientation
- Disability, medical condition or pregnancy
- Citizenship status
We also expect all guests to observe common sense cinema etiquette including:
- Keeping all electronic devices dark, silent, and out of sight during a screening.
- Avoiding disruptions of films in progress with conversation and loud noises.
- Protecting our theater seats by keeping our feet on the floor, with shoes on.
- Refraining from smoking, vaping, or chewing tobacco in any area of the LCPA campus.
- Understanding that, for everyone’s safety, extra seats cannot be added to at-capacity/sold-out screenings.
- Following all FLC staff member instructions and theater policies.
FLC reserves the right to remove any person from our facilities who does not adhere to the code of conduct, from all future FLC events, programs, and FLC theaters.
If you experience or witness any inappropriate conduct, please contact the nearest staff member and a House Manager will address the issue.
If you feel you are in immediate danger, please alert a staff member or security guard and move to a safe location.
Thank you for your support and interest in FLC.