Community Corner: NYFF60 Edition
The New York Film Festival has always been about bringing the community together to celebrate cinema and, whether you are joining us here on 65th street, at partner venues across the city or tuning into our Q&As and talks across the world, on behalf of everyone at Film at Lincoln Center we want to thank you for being a part of this milestone 60th edition.
As the festival kicks off, we wanted to share our ways you can connect with the festival that are free, with select opportunities available worldwide.
Get the Latest NYFF60 Updates!
Stay connected with NYFF for ticket giveaways, updates on newly added screenings, a behind-the-scenes look at the festival, the latest trailers, ticket giveaways, Q&As, and much more!
- Subscribe to our newsletter (make sure to check the NYFF opt-in!) to get the latest updates delivered right to your inbox.
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Letterboxd.
- Use the official hashtag #NYFF60
NYFF60 Ticket Giveaways
1. Use #NYFF60 on Twitter or Instagram to be entered to win daily ticket drawings!
2. FLC invites audiences to celebrate this milestone anniversary by reflecting on their NYFF experiences with our NYFF Memories survey. Select entries will be awarded NYFF60 tickets!
3. In honor of this year’s milestone anniversary, Film at Lincoln Center has launched a Letterboxd watch challenge! Those who watch the most NYFF Main Slate films through September 30, 2022 will have the chance to win tickets to the 60th New York Film Festival, official NYFF60 merch, and more! Learn more here and below.
4. As part of its 60th anniversary celebration, the New York Film Festival is offering screenings in all five boroughs of New York City. Festivalgoers who reserve at least one ticket to an NYFF60 screening at all five partner venues will be eligible to win special prizes and complementary tickets! Prizes will include tickets to the Closing Night premiere of The Inspection on Oct. 14 at Alice Tully Hall, NYFF60 merch items, and more. To be entered to win a grand prize pack, please submit proof of purchases via reply, DM, or private message to @TheNYFF on Twitter or Instagram by Wednesday, Oct. 12 at noon.
Letterboxd Watch Challenge
In honor of this year’s milestone anniversary, Film at Lincoln Center is launching a Letterboxd watch challenge! How many past NYFF selections can you watch? Cinephiles are invited to keep track of their viewing on their personal Letterboxd accounts.
- On Letterboxd, create a list and tag your list and all of your logs/reviews with NYFF60challenge.
- Happy watching!
- On October 1 or 2, tweet us your Letterboxd list to enter.
The members who watch the most NYFF Main Slate films through September 30 will have the chance to win tickets to the 60th New York Film Festival, official NYFF60 merch, and more! Bonus prizes to those that reach 60 and above. Merch prizes will be shipped in U.S. only. Learn more here.
NYFF60 Free Talks
This year’s NYFF60 Free Talks have been announced! They will take place throughout the festival within the Amphitheater of our Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center and in our Walter Reade Theater. These talks supplement NYFF’s screenings with a series of free and live panel discussions and in-depth conversations with a wide range of guests.
Free tickets for NYFF60 Talks will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning one hour prior to each event at the corresponding box office.Tickets are limited to one per person, subject to availability. For those unable to attend, video from these events will be available online on Film at Lincoln Center’s YouTube channel at a later date.
NYFF60 Talks are presented by:
JLG/NYFF: The Image Book
This September, cinema lost one of its most iconoclastic and influential artists and thinkers when Jean-Luc Godard passed away at age 91.
It will take decades to come to grips with the extent of his intervention into film art, but for now, we pay tribute to an artist who exhilarated and challenged us year after year by presenting his final film, 2018’s sprawling, dense, testament-like The Image Book (an NYFF56 Main Slate selection), on a loop and for free in the Amphitheater at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center throughout the festival’s first week (October 1-7).
Our Community Partner Screenings
- The Oct. 2 screening of Drylongso (sponsored by TCM) is supported by our community partner: Be Reel Black Cinema Club. Head to the Furman Gallery after the film’s Q&A to join in on their discussion of the film. Since 2018, Be Reel Black Cinema Club has been amplifying filmmakers from across the African diaspora telling their stories through indie, archival, and previously inaccessible films one monthly meetup at a time. Join here!
- The Oct. 2 & 6 screenings of Descendant are supported by our community partner, African Film Festival, Inc., dedicated to advancing an enhanced understanding of African culture through the moving image.
- The Oct. 5 screening of Eight Deadly Shots is supported by our community partner the Consulate General of Finland in New York.
- The Oct. 6 screening of Pacifiction is supported by our community partner: the Consulate General of Spain in New York’s cultural division.
- The Oct. 11/12 screening of Trenque Lauquen is supported by our community partner: the Consulate General of Argentina in New York.
- The Oct. 14 screening of The Inspection at 9pm is supported by our community partner Native Son, an intergenerational movement, community and platform that inspires and empowers Black gay/queer men. Meet the Native Son 101 List Class Of 2021 and support here.
- The Oct. 15 screening of Remote is supported by our community partner, the Arts Roundtable, a service organization and a community of arts education practitioners sharing information, providing professional development, and communicating with the public to promote our work in schools and beyond.
Film at Lincoln Center Podcast
The Film at Lincoln Center podcast has returned for the 60th edition of the New York Film Festival! Throughout the festival, we’ll be sharing Q&As and talks timed to our premieres, so whether you’ve seen the film in question or are curious to hear one of your favorite directors intimately discuss their craft, you’re in for a real treat.
NYFF Spotify Playlists
Listen to a curated collection of some of our favorite scores from previous NYFF selections throughout our sixty year history below. You may even hear some in theater during the festival!
Listen to a curated collection of select scores and songs featured in this year’s NYFF selections below.
Campari Red Carpet – NYFF 60th Edition
NYFF’s 60th anniversary is a momentous occasion for the city and film industry, making it deserving of a specialty cocktail to toast to it. The Campari Red Carpet – NYFF60th Edition was artfully crafted by Jessamine McLellan of the Campari Academy, so that festival goers and those celebrating from the comfort of their homes can all do so with a Campari cocktail in hand. This official anniversary cocktail is a seasonal spin on the world’s best-selling cocktail,* the classic Negroni.
- .75 Parts Campari
- .75 Parts 1757 Extra Dry Vermouth
- .75 Parts Bulldog Gin
- .75 Parts Fresh Lemon
- 1 Large Strawberry
- 1 Generous Pinch of Salt & Granulated Sugar
Wash and destem 1 large or two small strawberries and add to a shaker tin. Muddle or crush the strawberries with a pinch of salt and a pinch of granulated sugar. Add Campari, 1757 Extra Dry Vermouth, Bulldog Gin, and fresh lemon juice to the tin. Add plenty of ice and shake until frosty. Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe and garnish with a strawberry slice and orange peel.
The Hollywood Reporter
Enjoy your complimentary issue of The Hollywood Reporter, the definitive voice of entertainment news.
Thank you to our community and partners for supporting this year’s edition of NYFF!