Community Corner: Share Your Story
Film at Lincoln Center thanks and celebrates our dedicated community, without which none of what we do here is possible — which is why we want to recognize our dedicated community!
Film at Lincoln Center is a nonprofit organization that has been New York’s home for cinema since 1969, and it would not exist without the passion and support of our incredible cinema community. Over the past months, we’ve been sharing our video stories with you. And as a vital part of the FLC family, we invite the cinema-loving community to share your cinema stories with us so we are able to recognize the invaluable individuals who make organizations like FLC possible.
Some questions are below for inspiration, but we encourage you to share any story, memory, or experience about Film at Lincoln Center or your relationship with cinema that is meaningful or important to you.
- What was the first film you ever saw in our theaters, and what did the experience mean to you?
- You know the excitement you feel right before you see a sneak preview or finally attend a conversation with your favorite filmmaker? FLC has made it our mission to make sure you always have the opportunity to experience that excitement. What’s one of your favorite FLC memories over the years?
- In one word, complete this sentence: Film at Lincoln Center is _____.
- Film has the power to bring us together and transport us to other worlds. Now, more than ever, we are reminded of the importance of community and connection. Whether it’s going to movies or sharing in the collective virtual experience, what does cinema mean to you?
- What was the first moment you fell in love with movies?
For more than 50 years, New Yorkers and movie lovers have welcomed Film at Lincoln Center into their lives. We look forward to celebrating cinema with you for another 50 years.
From all of us here at film at Lincoln Center, thank you.
Share your video stories with us by July 31 and you’ll be entered to win a FLC membership!
Videos should be submitted here or at the link below as a .mov or .mp4 file
Please record videos in horizontal mode.
Submissions should be a maximum of five minutes.
Need help recording? See instructions for Mac and PC.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- By submitting a video, you irrevocably grant FLC the right to any audio and visual recordings made of you and the use of your name and likeness, to be used in perpetuity in any and all media now or hereafter known, without any payment to, or approval from, you.