Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Tickets to this event are no longer available for online purchase. A limited number of tickets will be available at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Box Office starting at 4:00pm. Tickets purchased online may be picked up from the check-in table located inside the Film Center.
New Wave (the Film Society's patrons in their 20s and 30s) is partnering with the James Beard Foundation Greens (foodies under 40) for a second year to present an evening of film and food at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center. Guests will enjoy a special screening of Jiro Dreams of Sushi, followed by a reception featuring some of New York’s finest chefs, cocktails, beer, and wine.
6:30 p.m. Welcome Reception
7:00 p.m. Screening of Jiro Dreams of Sushi
8:30 p.m. Reception
Participants & Menu items:
• Paul Carmichael, Má Pêche (Bass with Bay Leaf, Gooseberries, and Citrus)
• Ed Cotton, Sotto 13 (Housemade Mini Rabbit Sausage Hoagies with Spicy Pickled Garden Vegetables)
• Céline Legros, Canelé by Céline (Miniature Sweet Canelés)
• Shaunna Sargent, indie food and wine (Chicken Liver Crostini; Tomato, Egg, and Basil Tramezzini; Chilled Sweet Pea Soup; Lobster Tramezzini)
• Craig Wallen, ‘Cesca (Warm Octopus with Spicy Pepper Agrodolce and Olive Oil–Poached Potatoes)
• Beverages include Dassai Junmai Daiginjo Sake, a delicious selection of wine (Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages 2012, Louis Jadot Pinot Noir 2011, Louis Jadot Mâcon Villages 2012, Louis Jadot Pouilly Fuisse 2012), and beer (Stella Artois, Leffe Blonde, Hoegaarden)
About the film: Meet 85 year-old Jiro ono, considered by many to be the world's greatest sushi chef. Jiro is the proprietor of Sukiyabashi Jiro, a 10-seat, sushi-only restaurant located in a humble Tokyo subway station–and the recipient of three prestigious Michelin stars. This thoughtful and elegant meditation on work, family, and the art of perfection chronicles Jiro's life as a culinary success and as a father to his son. A Magnolia Pictures release.
James Beard Foundation Greens (foodies under 40) events are geared towards NYC-area foodies ages 21 to 39. The James Beard Foundation is a national not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in New York City and is dedicated to celebrating, nurturing, and honoring America's diverse culinary heritage through programs that educate and inspire.
New Wave is the Film Society's young patron program, dedicated to film lovers in their 20s and 30s. Members receive exclusive insider access to preview screenings, filmmaker talks, parties, and more. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. New Wave members may order tickets for this event over the phone by contacting 212.875.5668.