NYFF60 Call for Volunteers
Volunteer applications for this year’s New York Film Festival are now closed. Our sincerest thank to everyone who submitted to take part in this year’s festival!
Calling all cinephiles! The 60th New York Film Festival is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to assist a number of departments including Production, Marketing, Development, Videography, Special Events, Theater Ops, and several others. Volunteers are an invaluable part of the New York Film Festival, and none of it could be done without the dedication and support from so many amazing people!
Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 20 hours during the festival, taking place September 30 – October 16, and are required to attend a volunteer orientation one month before the festival’s start. While some volunteer positions require special skills, many volunteers are needed to perform general tasks under direct supervision of festival staff. For their participation, volunteers will receive a t-shirt, access to volunteer screenings and public screenings (subject to availability), and eligibility to earn a Film at Lincoln Center membership.
The application is now closed. NYFF60 runs from September 30th – October 16th with Pre-Fest shifts beginning in early September. You will be notified of your acceptance status by the first week of September. The form will ask you to rank your department assignment by preference, but please note that we cannot guarantee your first choice.
Kindly note that all applicants are still required to submit their request for accreditation through Eventival by following these steps:
- Create an Eventival account. You will be asked to verify your email address before your account is created. If you already have an Eventival account from another festival, follow the link and sign in using your existing account.
- Once you are signed in to your Eventival account, follow the links in the left-hand column to fill out your Personal Profile. You will be asked to upload the photo you wish to have on your volunteer badge if your accreditation is approved. Once uploaded, your badge photo cannot be changed.
- Next, fill out your Contact Information.
- Next, click on Accreditation and select the Volunteer badge.
- Fill out all required fields in the form and click Request Badge.
You will receive an automated confirmation email when your application is received. Kindly note that your application submission is not a guarantee of accreditation.
In addition to receiving a lunch voucher (for shifts that are 4 hours or longer) and a volunteer t-shirt (to be worn during shifts unless otherwise indicated), volunteers who work 30 or more hours will earn the following tiered Film at Lincoln Center membership benefits:
- 30+ hours: Individual Level membership
- 40+ hours: Contributor Level membership
- 60+ hours: Friend Level membership
Please note: Masks are required for all staff, volunteers, audiences, and filmmakers at all times in public spaces. Proof of full vaccination is not required for FLC audiences, but full vaccination is strongly recommended. Visit filmlinc.org/safety for more information.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Thank you!