What is NYFF59?
Presented by Film at Lincoln Center, the New York Film Festival–now in its 59th edition–highlights the best in world cinema. An annual bellwether of the state of cinema that has shaped film culture since 1963, the festival continues a long-standing tradition of introducing audiences to bold and remarkable works from celebrated filmmakers as well as fresh new talent.
Where will NYFF59 take place?
NYFF59 will take place at Lincoln Center’s Walter Reade Theater and Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, Alice Tully Hall, and Damrosch Park. The festival will also expand to local arthouse theaters Anthology Film Archives, BAM, Jacob Burns Film Center, and Maysles Documentary Center. Learn more here and here.
What health and safety measures are being taken during the festival?
Proof of full vaccination (at least two weeks after the final dose) of any FDA- or WHO-approved vaccine is required for all staff, audiences, and filmmakers at the 59th New York Film Festival. Methods of showing proof of full vaccination include:
- NYS Excelsior Pass
- NYC Covid Safe App: iPhone or Android
- Clear Health Pass
- CDC Vaccine Card and a picture ID
- A photo of a CDC Vaccine Card and a picture ID
Only guests aged 12+ are permitted to attend NYFF59. No eating or drinking is permitted in the theaters at Film at Lincoln Center, including during NYFF59. Outside food or drink will also not be permitted.
Additionally, NYFF59 is adhering to a comprehensive series of health and safety policies in coordination with Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and state and city medical experts, while adapting as necessary to the current health crisis. Please refer to our health protocols webpage for the most up-to-date information.
What sections are in NYFF59?
NYFF59 is comprised of five sections:
- Main Slate is the heart and historic core of the program.
- Currents complements the Main Slate, tracing a more complete picture of contemporary cinema with an emphasis on new and innovative forms and voices.
- Spotlight is NYFF’s showcase of the season’s most anticipated and significant films.
- Revivals showcases important works from renowned filmmakers that have been digitally remastered, restored, and preserved with the assistance of generous partners.
- Talks features in-depth conversations with filmmakers, critics, curators, and more.
What films will screen at NYFF59?
Explore the lineup here.
What filmmakers will attend NYFF59?
Q&A info is added to each film when attendance is confirmed. Please note that due to travel restrictions all appearances are subject to change.
Who is on the NYFF59 team?
Meet the team here. NYFF is produced by Film at Lincoln Center.
Can I attend virtually?
In response to distributor and filmmaker partners and in light of festivals returning and theaters reopening across the country, NYFF will not offer virtual screenings for this year’s edition.
Can I volunteer for the NYFF59?
Our volunteer call is now closed. Learn more here.
How can I apply for press or industry accreditation?
Press and industry accreditation is now closed. Learn more here.