Film at Lincoln Center is looking for creative and passionate movie lovers to join our team! We keep all applications on file and will contact applicants with the required skills, interests, and availability for interviews as positions become available. Click here to view all opportunities. No e-mail or phone inquiries, please.
Film at Lincoln Center provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time positions that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term/long term disability
- 3-4 weeks vacation
- Holiday, sick and personal day pay
- Retirement plan: 403 B
Film at Lincoln Center Kids is an educational initiative that brings film into Elementary school classrooms on the Upper West Side through screenings and discussions in order to bolster visual literacy learning, as well as teaches the basics of film production.
In Film at Lincoln Center Kids, students screen classics and new art-house films, followed by discussions, and, inspired by these, make films of their own. Students develop, in groups, their own meaningful story, with a clear story-arch, then work together to storyboard, create a shot list and shoot their own films. Teaching Artists facilitate this process with small groups of students. The program culminates with the students presenting their final short films at Film at Lincoln Center’s Walter Reade Theater.
** To be a Film at Lincoln Center Teaching Artist you MUST be available on Mondays, be a filmmaker with 3 years experience facilitating workshops with elementary-school-age students, and be extremely aware of social issues and their historical context.
Film at Lincoln Center Kids Teaching Artist:
- Facilitate all stages of production with small student-led production groups
- Edit student films to a high standard using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Partner with other Teaching Artists and classroom teachers for ongoing program planning, development, and assessment
- Maintain production equipment and develop production materials
- Maintain a safe learning environment by partnering with the classroom teacher to manage a classroom
- Become part of a neighborhood school community
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Awareness of social issues affecting NYC youth
- Demonstrated experience in filmmaking and editing (using Adobe Premiere)
- Knowledge of film language and the ability to facilitate projects using said language
- At least 3 years experience teaching using established educational philosophies
- Interested in or well versed in art-house cinema
- Experience or interest in implementing student-centered education, as it applies to the arts
- Committed to ongoing professional development as an arts practitioner and educator
- Comfortable interacting with school administration and teachers
This position is one-day-a-week, Mondays or Tuesdays with additional time required to meet deadlines as needed. Interviews will be held immediately until position is filled.
Click here to apply.
Film at Lincoln Center’s publicity department is always looking for photographers to shoot appearances by visiting filmmakers, actors, and another talent. Responsibilities may include shooting Q&A coverage, extended talks and panels, events and parties, red carpets, and other photography as needed. Must be able to upload photos for use in a timely manner.
The position is paid at the end of the year with compensation calculated by the number of events shot. Photographers are allowed comps for Film at Lincoln Center screenings and access to special events and parties that they are covering.
Experience shooting live events
Must own a DSLR camera
Ability to shoot in low-light situations a plus
Please include links to event coverage if possible. Must have own camera and equipment.
Click here to apply.
Film at Lincoln Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Film at Lincoln Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.