Film at Lincoln Center is looking for creative and passionate movie lovers to join our team! We keep all applications on file and will contact applicants with the required skills, interests, and availability for interviews as positions become available. Click here to view all opportunities. No e-mail or phone inquiries, please.
Film at Lincoln Center provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time positions that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term/long term disability
- 3-4 weeks vacation
- Holiday, sick and personal day pay
- Retirement plan: 403 B
House Manager – Walter Reade Theater
Film at Lincoln Center, which operates the Walter Reade Theater and Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, is seeking a full-time house manager. Under the direction of the Director of Theater Operations, the House Manager is a full-time member of the theater staff team responsible for providing supervision and leadership in day-to-day operations.
We are seeking an outgoing individual who has experience in and enjoys managing and being part of a team while working with the public in a fast-paced arts environment. The ability to lead, make decisions and stay calm under pressure while maintaining open communication is essential.
- Daily oversight and leadership of box office, concessions and ushering staff.
- Work closely with FLC staff, clients, projectionists and outside vendors on all programming,
special events, and theater rentals.
- Act as point person for all customer needs, including cultivation and resolving issues.
- Delegate responsibilities to staff in accordance with daily needs of each venue.
- Coordinate technical set-up for events.
- Handling and transactions of cash including end of day counting and reconciliation, in some
cases for both Film venues (Film Center and Walter Reade Theater) Complete all daily
administrative tasks including manager’s reports, income reports, maintenance of all logs,
balancing daily income reports, creating and distributing banks, in some cases for both Film
venues (Film Center and Walter Reade Theater)
- Training of theater staff on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor staff performance throughout the shift, providing group and one-on-one feedback.
- Uphold cleanliness and organization of all areas in accordance with all codes and regulations.
- Communicate all maintenance needs to appropriate parties for both FLC and non-FLC property,
i.e.: seating, concessions equipment, electrical, plumbing, painting etc.
- Test for and hold all required certifications i.e.: Fire Guard, Food Protection.
- Responsibility for maintaining merchandise and concessions areas and supplies, insuring proper inventory stocking and maintenance.
- 1-3 years of successful personnel and venue management experience in a leadership position
in the performing arts, the non-profit sector, or related field.
- Proficient in Tessitura, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable learning new software.
- Superior customer service/customer relations skills.
- Strong organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Comfortable being in daily, close contact with members of the public, patrons, and filmmakers.
- Maintaining composure in high-pressure, high-visibility circumstances.
- Follow and enforce the policies and procedures of the organization
- Interest and/or background in film a plus.
This is a full-time, minimum 35-hour per week position requiring the ability to be available 7 days a week, generally working 4-5 days. (There may be exceptions where the hours and days differ).
Must have the flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Click here to apply.
Film at Lincoln Center’s publicity department is always looking for photographers to shoot appearances by visiting filmmakers, actors, and another talent. Responsibilities may include shooting Q&A coverage, extended talks and panels, events and parties, red carpets, and other photography as needed. Must be able to upload photos for use in a timely manner.
The position is paid at the end of the year with compensation calculated by the number of events shot. Photographers are allowed comps for Film at Lincoln Center screenings and access to special events and parties that they are covering.
Experience shooting live events
Must own a DSLR camera
Ability to shoot in low-light situations a plus
Please include links to event coverage if possible. Must have own camera and equipment.
Click here to apply.
Film at Lincoln Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Film at Lincoln Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.