Thursday, August 22, 2019
This screening is now standby only! Pending availability, standby tickets will be given out first-come, first-served starting 20 minutes prior to the screening.
In between the double feature, attendees are invited to a reception in the Furman Gallery sponsored by Radeberger. Must be 21+ to receive complimentary beer.
Olivier Assayas’s thought-provoking, radical cyberthriller depicts the international aristocracies —and their amoral double agents—of capitalism in the early 2000s. Connie Nielsen stars as a ruthless assistant-cum-executive at an Internet company, where her insatiable ambition situates her in a bloody corporate conflict for illicit 3-D manga pornography. Featuring a deranged ambient score by Sonic Youth and an international cast including Gina Gershon, Chloë Sevigny, and Charles Berling, demonlover twists the conventions of the espionage thriller into a perceptive indictment of Internet culture and the entrepreneurs who exploit it. A 2003 Film Comment Selects selection.
This screening is part of our free weekly double features this summer to celebrate Film at Lincoln Center’s 50th anniversary.
- Registration for a single ticket per person is subject to availability.
- If you register for more than one ticket, only one registration will be honored.
- If you register online, you must arrive at least 20 minutes prior to showtime to claim your seat, at which point tickets may be forfeited in the event of a standby line.
- Online registrants should skip the box office by presenting your Print-at-Home ticket (via print-out or on your mobile device) to the theater usher.
- Please note: walk-ups will still be accepted; tickets to be distributed on a space-available basis.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to be the first to learn about events at Film at Lincoln Center, including free programming!