Reopening Safety & Health Policies
The well-being of our audience members and theater team remains our top priority, which is why Film at Lincoln Center has developed a comprehensive series of health and safety policies in coordination with state, city, and medical experts. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect when you visit the theater, and some things to remember before you arrive!
Please note: policies will be strictly enforced for the protection of our staff and guests. Management reserves the right to deny admission or dismiss any customer for noncompliance with FLC policies.
- Effective now, Francesca Beale Theater and Howard Gilman Theater in the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center (EBM) have increased to 100% capacity and all tickets are general admission, discontinuing assigned seats.
- Effective now, the Walter Reade Theater (WRT) has increased to 75-person capacity and all tickets are general admission, discontinuing assigned seats. WRT remains at reduced capacity while minor renovations are completed.
- We will increase to 100% capacity in WRT when minor renovations are complete.
- Concessions sales have resumed in both theaters. Masks will continue to be required for guests when not eating or drinking.
- Masks remain required for all staff at all times in public spaces.
- Restrooms and water fountains have been restored to full functionality.
- Theaters will continue to open for seating 15-20 min before a show. Guests are encouraged to not arrive earlier.
- Standby line sales for sold-out screenings have resumed, with the exception of first-run screenings.
- In-theater membership benefits will be reinstated soon. Please watch the member newsletter and our website for details.
- Feeling sick? Prevention starts at home. If you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, please stay home and we welcome you to join us again in the future. We will be happy to credit your tickets for another visit. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Masks must be worn at all times. All staff and audience members are required to wear face masks in order to enter the building, and masks must remain on in all areas including lobbies, hallways, restrooms, and auditoriums. Masks must cover your nose and mouth. You will be denied entry without a mask. In accordance with CDC recommendations, this includes those who have received the COVID-19 vaccination. Customers who remove their masks will be asked to leave immediately. Masks will continue to be required for guests when not eating or drinking
- Hand-sanitizing stations for guests. Stations will be available to visitors in multiple locations throughout all venues, including directly outside of restrooms and lobby doors.
- Concessions policy. The sale of concessions have resumed. Masks will be required for guests when not eating or drinking.
- We encourage you to purchase tickets online in advance. FLC box offices are open 30 minutes before the first screening of the day at that venue and will close 15 minutes after the start of the final screening. To avoid long lines, we encourage you to purchase your tickets online in advance.
- Please arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to the scheduled screening time. Any guests arriving earlier may be asked to wait outside in line until our theaters are prepared for seating.
Additional Preventive Measures
- Routine Cleaning & Disinfecting. Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will continue in all theater areas.
- Increased Air Circulation. HVAC system performance has been upgraded with increased outside air and MERV 13 filtration.