Reopening Safety & Health Policies
We look forward to welcoming you back!
The well-being of our audience members and theater team remains our top priority, which is why Film at Lincoln Center has developed a comprehensive series of health and safety policies in coordination with state, city, and medical experts. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect when you visit the theater, and some things to remember before you arrive!
Please note: policies will be strictly enforced for the protection of our staff and guests. Management reserves the right to deny admission or dismiss any customer for noncompliance with FLC policies.
- Feeling sick? Prevention starts at home. If you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, please stay home and we welcome you to join us again in the future. We will be happy to credit your tickets for another visit. Please contact email@example.com.
- Masks must be worn at all times. All staff and audience members are required to wear face masks in order to enter the building, and masks must remain on in all areas including lobbies, hallways, restrooms, and auditoriums. Masks must cover your nose and mouth. You will be denied entry without a mask. In accordance with CDC recommendations, this includes those who have received the COVID-19 vaccination. Customers who remove their masks will be asked to leave immediately.
- Increased social distancing measures. Please remember to maintain social distance before, during, and after the movie. Follow the directional signs and floor decals posted throughout our venues for guidance.
- Hand-sanitizing stations for guests. Stations will be available to visitors in multiple locations throughout all venues, including directly outside of restrooms and lobby doors.
- No food or beverage. Concessions will be closed and no outside food or beverages are permitted to ensure that masks remain on at all times.
- Tickets must be purchased online in advance. FLC box offices will not be open and walk-up purchases are currently not available.
- Contactless ticketing is required. Have your digital ticket ready on your mobile device or your printed ticket in-hand for contactless scanning upon arrival.
- Reserved seating will be enforced. All seat locations are assigned in advance to ensure social distancing. Please sit only in your designated seat location and remain seated, if possible, for the duration of the screening.
- Please arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to the scheduled screening time. Any guests arriving earlier may be asked to wait outside in a socially distanced line until our theaters are prepared for seating.
- No late seating will be permitted. Screenings will begin at the listed showtime and there will be no late admittance.
- Please remain in your seat at the conclusion of the screening until the lights come up. Theater staff will lead patrons in a row-by-row dismissal to reduce crowding when exiting the theater.
Additional Preventive Measures:
- Reduced Capacity. All theaters will operate at 25% capacity in accordance with current New York State guidelines.
- Routine Cleaning & Disinfecting. Auditoriums and seats are sanitized between every screening. Additionally, all public areas and utilities—such as restrooms, door handles, handrails, lobby surfaces, and high-touch areas—are regularly and frequently sanitized during hours of operation.
- Increased Air Circulation. HVAC system performance has been upgraded with increased outside air and MERV 13 filtration.
- Employee Training. All employees will be trained on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, proper use of PPE, enhanced sanitizing techniques, as well as CDC and NYS guidelines, policies, and procedures.