Reopening Safety & Health Policies
The well-being of our audience members and theater team remains our top priority, which is why Film at Lincoln Center has developed a comprehensive series of health and safety policies in coordination with state, city, and medical experts. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect when you visit the theater, and some things to remember before you arrive!
- Proof of full vaccination (at least two weeks after the final dose) of any FDA- or WHO-approved vaccine is required for all staff, audiences, and filmmakers at each screening and event at FLC venues.
- Masks are required for all staff, audiences, and filmmakers at all times in public spaces, except when eating or drinking. FLC requires all guests to wear face coverings consistent with the current CDC guidelines inside our spaces.
- These policies are strictly enforced for the protection of our staff and guests. Our theater staff will monitor all screenings to ensure compliance. Management reserves the right to deny admission or dismiss any customer for noncompliance with FLC policies.
- Approved vaccines include:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Janssen Serum
- Institute of India
- Methods of confirming proof of full vaccination are:
For international guests, methods of confirming proof of full vaccination are:
A valid vaccine “card” or “vaccine passport” issued by a national health authority and valid photo ID (passport, etc.)
A photo of a valid vaccine “card” or “vaccine passport” issued by a national health authority and valid photo ID (passport, etc)
- Only guests aged 12+ will be permitted to attend FLC screenings and events.
- Concessions have resumed at FLC. Outside food or drink is not permitted.
- Mask policy:
- Paper masks, scarves, neck gaiters, shirts pulled up, masks with holes/filters/breathing valves and makeshift masks are not acceptable.
- New disposable surgical masks are available to all audience members.
- Masks must completely cover the mouth and nose and must be replaced if wet or soiled.
- PPE may be inspected for compliance or issued as needed by the security team, maintenance team, and/or front-of-house staff.
- FLC will provide surgical masks, gloves, and sanitation supplies as required by the activity.
- FLC can provide clear face masks for staff to use, should someone need to read lips during interactions.
- All guests must:
- Stay home if not feeling well or have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days must stay home.
- Follow the instructions of security guards and other FLC staff.
- All guests are asked to:
- Wash hands as often as possible and use hand sanitizing stations.
- Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to the scheduled screening time. Any guests arriving earlier may be asked to wait outside in line until our theaters are prepared for seating.
- Additional preventive measures include:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting in all theater areas.
- HVAC system performance has been upgraded with increased outside air and MERV 13 filtration for increased air circulation.